Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Scheduling to get it all done

I have moms ask me all the time how do I get everything done that I need to do and still sleep every night....well, first off, I don't get everything that I want done each and every day but I do get a lot done! My "secret" is scheduling. I schedule everything...seriously! From the time I get up in the morning until the time I lie down at night, it all all scheduled. Now I do, of course, have to be flexible for life's little surprises but having a schedule is what helps my family.

My particular schedule will not work for you. That is something that you have to figure out on your own. A great resource to use in planning out a schedule is a book by Steve and Teri Maxwell called Managers of Their Homes. I have always lived by a schedule but this book really helped me to put my schedule together for the entire family. I also have so many things going on in my mind all the time that sometimes, believe it or not, I forget to do something so for the past few years, I have reminders in my Blackberry that pop up to let me know that is time to do certain things (for example- take the daycare kids that are potty training to the potty! Yes, seriously!)

Here is my schedule for each day:

5:00-5:30 Wake up & go for a Praise Walk (M-W-F)
5:30 Praise Walk (M-W-F)
6:00-6:30 Shower and Dress,
sweep daycare entry, put load of laundry into washer (Reminder on Blackberry!)
6:30 Coffee with God
7:00 - 7:30 Wake kids, fix breakfast, greet daycare kids
7:30 - 8:00 Get kitchen cleaned up and kids to school desks
8:00 - 10:00 Help kids with school (they have their assignments and can do a lot without me!)
10:00- Fix Snack
10:30 - 12:00 Help kids with school
12:00- Lunch
1:00 -3:00 Nap for little ones
Quiet reading for school agers
Office work for mom (church stuff, listen to podcasts, make phone calls, blog,etc)
3:00-4:00 Snack and then Play with the kids
4:00 - 4:30 Clean up and start dinner prep
5:00 - 5:30 Greet parents picking up daycare kids (W- leave for church)
5:30 - 6:00 Dinner
6:00 - 10:00 Various evening activities...meetings, cleaning, lesson plans, read book, watch TV, etc
10:00 -11:00 Go to bed!!

I just typed out our typical schedule. We don't start each item right on the dot so that is why I put a range of time before each activity.

If you have any questions about any of this, please feel free to ask! I feel so blessed to be able to share what I have learned with other women so that they can accomplish more in their day!

i am bd bread
Scheduling to get it all doneSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: