Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I love having the Internet!

As a homeschool mom, I must say that I LOVE having the Internet to find material to use in teaching my children. Since money is so tight, I can't go out and buy tons of curriculum and supplies so I rely on what is available right here on the web. For example, today we are learning about Robin Hood and I found a website that offers free audio books that are read by volunteers so the kids and I are actually listening to chapter 1 of The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood right now! They are coloring a picture of "Robin Hood" while they are listening to it. I also found another site that has tons of links about Robin Hood so I can go through there and find things that we want to use as well. It just amazes me that we have all of these resources at our fingertips. I think we are so blessed when I think about how the people that have homeschooled in the past didn't have this luxury.

I dream of helping people that homeschool or want to homeschool find ways to teach their children without having to spend a lot of money so I will continue to post links here of some of the things that we are using in our homeschool and would love for you to share any that you know of in the comments section.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day!
I love having the Internet!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Princess said...

Miss Christie,

You can put my blog on yours if you want to here is the address

http://hrhrainbowrebecca.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Rebecca