Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lesson from the vacuum

Yes, my vacuum cleaner taught me a lesson. It is amazing the things that God can use to speak to you! I needed to vacuum the living room Friday afternoon so I plugged one of my vacuum cleaners in to start the job. I have the bagless type that you can see the dirt through the clear dirt cup and I noticed that there was nothing entering the cup even though I could hear stuff being sucked up into the vacuum. I unplugged it and checked to see if maybe there was something clogged in the hose...nope. So I took the thing apart and checked other areas. There were no clogs. Finally, I decided that maybe the filter needed to be changed so I took the filter out and had my son bring me a new one. It worked! The filter was so full of dust that it wasn't able to clean my carpet.
While I was beaming and vacuuming my floor, I felt like God showed me that my heart is just like that filter. If I don't take time to change my filter by reading my Bible, I will not be able to handle the dirt and junk either. It was so clear to me. Be FILLED so that we can FILTER out the impurities.
I just wanted to share this with you and I hope you are blessed. Have a Jesus FILLED day!
Lesson from the vacuumSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalms 119:11 I have stored your word in my heart so that I might not sin against you. Proverbs 4:23 above everything else, guard your heart. It is where your life comes from.