Saturday, January 3, 2009

Economic stress

I am wondering what you are doing to help your family save money during this economic crisis. My husband was in construction building new homes and when the housing market fell, he lost his job. For awhile he went into doing remodeling and repairs but that slowed down too for him so we started really struggling to pay bills. I cut back on our grocery spending, we quit eating out, the kids had to quit piano lessons, we gave up our Y membership, we don't get out much now at all because it costs money to drive (obviously!) so we end up running all of our errands on one day. I watch children in my home and currently have 2. The money I make off of that buys our groceries and gas each week. I have tried to find other families to provide care for but with so many people being unemployed, the demand for quality childcare isn't what it used to be. I used to get call ALL the time and stayed full most of the time.
I don't know why I am sharing all of this with you except to say that I am trying not to be afraid. I know that God will provide for us but it is hard sometimes to wait to see what will happen. I have seen Him do wonders in and with my life and I KNOW that he will.
Today I am thinking about the bills I can't pay and the things I need to buy and am trying to stay positive. I am praising God for all we do have and praying that He will show me what to do to help my family during this troubled economy.
I know I am not alone. I will pray for all of us that are struggling. Please join me.
Economic stressSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree! we are going through the same thing! I have always watched kids in my home, and it gave the extra money to fix things, pay for christmas and bday, build up our savings, etc. but right now i dont have any kids! and cant find any! I have never had trouble finding kids before! Parents are either staying home or finding family to keep their kids for free. I have had to lower my prices, but it doesnt seem to have helped much! And right now we really need that extra money coming in! seems like everything in our home is breaking and now I dont have that extra money to get them fixed!
but I am trusting in God, He has always provided and brought us through these kinds of things!! I am anxious to see what he is going to do for our family this time!