Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's for Dinner?

I really do not like cooking dinner on Wednesdays because we have church and I don't really have much time to prepare a meal, feed the family, clean the kitchen and then head to church....plus, we don't get home until after 9 because we hang out for awhile and chat with some of our friends. They used to serve dinner at church on Wednesday nights but they stopped that a few years ago. They do have some hot foods in the youth building like fried chicken tenders, nachos, hot dogs, hamburgers, you know....all that stuff that I really need to avoid! LOL Anyway, so I have been trying to do more crock pot meals so that I can still feed my family something healthy and hearty. Tonight's dinner was a great success among the food critics at my house AKA, my family! I made this Mexajita Chicken recipe from Food Network's Sandra Lee. I served it over brown rice and had corn bread muffins to go with it. Oh yummalicious!!!

Since baseball season is starting back up, I will be using the crockpot for more meals each week too. I have found this wonderful blog that is ALL about crockpot recipes! Check it out!!


What's for Dinner?SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: