Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mega Food at Mega Savings!

Wow! I just got home from the grocery store and am SO impressed with the savings this week!
My total before I used my Kroger card and coupons was $243.86 and after all of the savings came off, I only paid $118.76! That is $125.10 in savings!
This week Kroger is having a Mega Savings Event so when you buy 10 participating items, you get $5 off your total. I bought a lot of those items!

You may be saying to yourself "Christie, I don't buy that stuff"...well, I never did before either. I am sorry but I don't have the time to make every single meal from scratch! Yes, I do make most of mine myself but there are some days that we are just so busy that I need something quick! Also, my house frequently has extra people (hungry teens) over and if they want to grab a quick bite, it is there for them! I would love to be able to make homemade pizza for them every single time they ask but well, I can't so pizza rolls come in VERY handy!

Here is what I got this week:
Kroger Dill Slices
Kroger Spanish Rice
Betty Crocker Brownie Mix (perfect for my daughter to make a quick snack when I am not home!)
Pack of 10 Ramen Noodles
2 boxes of Chex Mix Bars
2 boxes of Nature Valley Bars
3 boxes of Hamburger Helper (I have not bought these in over 10 years but can use these for charity or let my kids use them for lunch!)
1 can of Ranch Style Beans
2 boxes of Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
2 boxes of Fiber One Bars
3 boxes of Cocoa Puffs
2 boxes of Trix
1 box of Cap'n Crunch
1 box of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch
3 cans Rotel
6 cans of Grands Biscuits (great for quick biscuits when we sleep in and I don't want to make homemade biscuits)
2 boxes of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
4 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
4 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
6 bags of Totinos Pizza Rolls
2 loaves of Wonder Classic White Bread
2 bags of Tostitos Chips
2 bags of Fritos
2 packs of ground turkey
Gallon of milk
Gallon of OJ
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Cream of Celery Soup
1 box of Kroger Wheat Saltines
2 trays of bakery 9 ct cinnamon rolls (for my SS class!)
2 bags of Quaker Rice Quakes
1 bag of Ground Chuck Patties
1 bag of Simply Potatoes Hash Browns
2 packs of Kroger Burger buns
3 bags of Shredded Cheese
Oxy Clean Face Wash
Oxy Clean Pads
Oxy Clean Lotion
Always Pads
Tampax Tampons

I think that is it.... The kids have put it all up now. I love saving money!

Mega Food at Mega Savings!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the veggies?

J-Mom said...

That is so awesome. And you know you pay tax on the full amount, so you did even better than you think! Such a great deal!

Christie Jarvis said...

I have had a couple of people ask about the veggies and the answer is simple! I didn't need any on this particular trip. We still had plenty left from the previous shopping trip.
I do buy my bananas and apples at Save A Lot because I can get them cheaper than I can at Kroger...unless of course Kroger sends me a coupon for items in the produce section.
Believe me, we have fruits and veggies at every meal...they may be canned sometimes but they are there. The other night we had fresh cantaloupe from our garden! Yummy!